The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was started in the year 2008. It offers a four year B.E. degree programme in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Two year PG programme in M.E – Power Electronics and drives.
The course has been designed to provide students a strong foundation in theory to equip them with skills that are necessary to grasp and develop new technologies. The faculty members are dedicated towards maintaining a high quality of teaching and always encourage innovative research. Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has always been in the forefront of providing quality need - based training in contemporary and emerging areas and development of demand driven and innovative instructional resources. Electrical and Electronics Engineering is designed to prepare the graduates for responsible engineering positions in design, development, research, applications and operation in the fields of control systems, electromagnetism, power electronics & drives, high voltage, communication, digital signal processing systems, digital and analog electronic circuits, computer aided design and power systems. The Department imparts training with the best of teaching expertise in the fields of Electrical Machines, Power Electronics & Drives, Process Control & Instrumentation and Applied Electronics supported by excellent laboratory infrastructure and exposure to recent trends in the industry, to ensure that the students are moulded into competent electrical engineers and worthy citizens of the country. The students of our department have excelled in placement, with a recruitment of above 90 %. The job preference of students has undergone a slight change in the recent years from predominantly IT related jobs to several opting for core companies.
• To Impart Knowledge in Electrical Science and Technology to meet the international standards and make the Electrical Engineering ethically and intellectual property strong enough to full fill the technological challengers
· Empowering the Students and Professionals with state of art knowledge and Technological skills.
· To produce young engineers with a spirit of regularity and performance
· To involve the faculty and students in research and consultancy for the benefit of institute, industry and society.
· To place and sustain the department among the top in the country
· To achieve 100% placements